Saturday, July 21, 2007
4:28 PM
Witches of Oz is the prequel to Wizard of Oz, a story which rings familiar with audiences young and old. It is loosely based on Gregory Maguire's book, "Wicked", which has been adapted and performed as a musical by professional adult troupes in New York and London. This version is an adaptation performed by the students of Cempaka Schools, to a similar mesmerising score.
Witches of Oz takes us to the fantasy land of Oz, before the cyclone-induced arrival of Dorothy and Toto. It tells the story of the smart but misunderstood Elphaba, who was unfairly persecuted because she was different (in that she was born with green skin), her friendship with the popular blonde-haired Galinda, and how, through Oz politics, they eventually became known as the Wicked Witch of the West and the Good Witch of the North.
This is the real story behind the myths of Oz, and it holds valuable lessons in prejudice, friendship and loyalty, and is suitable for all ages.
Witches of Oz is Cempaka School's latest box office production (after Simba, King of the Jungle in 2005 and We Will Rock You last year). It is a truly enthralling musical which showcases the schools' wonderful young vocal and musical talents.
Don't miss Witches of Oz @ 7.30pm, the North Hall, Cempaka Cheras grounds, this July on Fri 20, Sat 21, Sun 22 Fri 27, Sat 28 and Sun 29!
Call Cempaka Damansara (03-2093 1740) or Cempaka Cheras (03- 9076 8400) for tickets TODAY! Alternatively, send an email with your contact details to witches@cempaka.edu.my and we will get back to you.So yeah, be grateful that you'll be able to catch this Cempaka production. I haven't been able to catch any Cempaka productions since I left school since Australian hols does not coincide with every Cempaka production. When I met Dr Rizal early this year, he said "be sure to be at this year's production" and I said I don't think I'll be back for it. Only UK-ians get to watch it every year cos their hols are always around the production time.
Even when I was in school, two years back, the Wizard of Oz was of presentable quality. Even then, it was already open to public so I'm sure two years later, things have only gotten better. So YES! Be sure to catch this year's Witches of Oz! I'd die to go back for it. And if you're kind enough, leave me comments/ratings of the production.
So the parents just left this morning after being here for a month. Dad, the handyman has made major changes to the apartment, maximizing space in every corner possible, making more space for storage. Mom on the otherhand, has contributed more than enough to the Australian economy. If she's not in Myers, she'll be in David Jones. One way or another, she's forever shopping. She is officially
the shopping queen.
P/S: I realize green is very turning off on my blog. But since the official write up and banner is green, don't think I have a choice. Good luck, Finn!
2 speakout(s):
Thanks so much, Chen! I owe you one.
chen.. WOZ was awesome! =D
comments, thank you.