Wednesday, May 02, 2007
3:48 PM
So it's been a while, as usual. I should really start blogging on a daily basis again huh? Maybe weekly. Daily is just taking too much time of my life. :)
It's weird blogging with my new Macbook 'cos you know the toolbar up there between the Title and the actual post, everything else is missing besides the Photo and ABC icon. Is that what you get with the Macbook? :(
Oh yes, drama. My fucking Dashboard ilke somehow disappeared. For some weird unknown reason, it said I didn't belong to any blog and therefore am not a member, so it asked me to start a new blog with three easy steps like WTF. I was horrified k, I was thinking of all my posts and stuff and like, all gone, GONE just like that. And the weirdest shit is that I could still sign in, just can't blog! Anyway la dee da, after many days Bryan decided to see if he could do something about it and tadaa, it's up and working again. All because I signed in with my usual blogger username and password. Apparently I must sign in with my hotmail address but I've been doing the former all these while. Like so wtf. Hates blogger I tells you. False heart attack alarm.
Uni's been treating me not-too-bad since the beginning. I'm pleased with most of my grades with the exception of fucking OB which I despise the most, just like everyone else. I mean the whole concept of how the seminar runs is really good and you know, really interesting. K let me tell you how it works. Every week in the seminar, the students themselves are suppose to run the seminar, ie, it's like an organization that all of us collectively own and run. So basically every week, the meeting is managed by us the students, and facilitated by the seminar leader. Each week all of us (called the workgroup) are given specific tasks to undertake as a syndicate (a few of us who were assigned to a group at the very first day of class). Those tasks include Managing & Leading (M&L), Admin, Staff Development (SD) and Group Reflections (GR). Yeah I know it's getting technical here but yeah so after every seminar each week, each syndicate have to write reports with reference to how the seminar ran the week before from many different aspects. So that sounds really good right? I mean I don't mind writing up the reports either 'cos it's,,you know, just writing. But when it comes to grades, the seminar leader is just so fussy about every single thing. Every detail. Every aspect. I don't know if it's just her or it's just how the OB marking system is screwed up. But anyway I like and enjoy the seminars 'cos there's really a lot of interaction, it's probably by far the subject with the greatest interaction I've had. Nice people, well, generally anyway.
Moving on, so some of us nicely thought Mt Buller was planned for June/July. Looks like three quarters of the group are going home to the land of tudungs. All such mummy boys/girls. Wait, come to think of it, none of us girls from Malaysia are going home. Only Steph, Giu and maybe Angelina are going home to Singapore. Surprisingly, VERY surprisingly, Miss Tan Lisher ain't going home too despite the fact that Jim's going home. Why Lisher? It's a good thing by the way. Gives us time to bond again! So the ones left that are not going home are Daniel, Vivien, Lisher, Alfred, Bryan and myself. Not too bad aye? Still 6 of us. Even number, perhaps easier to travel anyway if we plan any travelling.
Exam timetable's up. I take four subjects this sem but only three papers to sit for 'cos thank GOODNESS, fucking OB (oh by the way, OB stands for Organizational Behaviour) doesn't have an exam 'cos all the assessments and assignments throughout this semester accounts for our final grade so no exam for that, yay.
4th June - Macroeconomics 1
7th June- Introductory Accouting
14th June- Business Culture in Asia
Not too bad I reckon, except that Macro and Acc are quite near each other, no time for last minute studying. :( Equals to no procrastination. :( Will try, will try.
So Greg's busy with his assignment which is due tomorrow, Bryan's doing dunno what in his room (while screaming and shouting) and Giu went upstairs to check something on the internet and should be down in a moment.
Paintball's apparently on the agenda for this week after much planning and cancellation last week. Don't know if I'll go 'cos it's pretty expensive. It'll work out to about 60 or 70 per person. I could get my Country Road bag with that! Oh btw, am eyeing a Crumpler case for my Macbook, not in stock yet. :(
And also, I'm currently employed by...Famous Amos! Haha whatever Chen. Anyway, yeah working part time now. Only on Sundays though. Before that I was so gungho, thinking I can do twice a week maybe but oh man, even once a week on Sundays now is tiring enough. Oh well, all in the name of experience and extra pocket money and hopefully eventually dependant on my parents only for uni fees. Go me. Fingers crossed. :)
Goodbye.
4 speakout(s):
gasp! let's go check out cute penguins in iceland :]
and hot surfer guys in hawaii :D
let's travel to the other zones and go shopping! biggest shopping mall in melbourne/australia in zone 3 i think :D LETS GOOOO
Hhaha iceland? Yeah man I think Jetstar flies to Hawaii! want? :)
Zone 3 is out already la my dear girl-who's-doing-something-in-the room-next-door-with-the-door-shut tehee. Knox City shopping mall is it? Let's plan our own holiday now. GET OUT OF THE ROOM! I'm all alone outside :( Bryan's gone to class.
oh YAH it's knox city!!! =D haha yeah let's go there shopping ok. isn't it zone 3? or zone 2. ok nvm. yah let's go hawaii wahahaha pearl harbour and hula girls and hot surfer dudes - yayy
comments, thank you.