Friday, March 02, 2007
1:39 PM
Greetings to all from the land Down Under.
My apologies for neglecting this blog. Anyway, so uni has started. The beginning of a whole new chapter. Orientation, I thought, was as usual, boring la and there were not locals during that particular orientation. But anyway the orientation was only for International Business students (like me and Alfred) and Logistics and Chain Supply Management humans. But still, I thought, huh why these two courses no locals! Wrong, I was. Suddenly in lectures and tutes, Alfred and I saw so many local heads popping out. So okay la, not bad after all. I think the only thing RMIT lacks is space. My classes are scattered all around city, but all of which are walking distance. Nothing as bad as Trinity last time; FSC to Swanston vice versa. My Macroeconomics lecture was suppose to be three hours long, but the lecturer said it's normally only two hours. And during the intro lecture, we finished an hour fifteen earlier. Haha. Awesome. Apparently lots of lectures/tutorials always end earlier. So thats good. And oh yea, I thought RMIT was so kiam siap 'cos during the orientation, we didn't get no shit. Like you know how during Orientation is when you get loads of free giveaways, coupons, free food and all that jazz? But that day, nothing at all. Just a few lectures by a few "important" people from the admin/IT/academic department and free BBQ, which, really, was only sausage and bread. No mustard, no onions, no pickles, no nothing in it. Just a sausage and bread. But of course, it was free flow la. But anyway, after attending a tutorial in which the tutor didn't turn up despite saying "if you don't turn up more than twice in tutorials, you automatically fail" to the students, we walked out of the tute and it was this O-Week Event going on with LOADS of freebies, LOADS of people, LOADS of entertainment, LOADS of free food, etc etc. Haha and we thought RMIT's orientation sucked. Alfred and I just went signing up for everything to "express" our interest when what our true intentions were was to get free giveaways. We got like heaps of pens, a pretty cool lanyard, that thingy to keep your can of beer cold, hell lots of drink cards at this pub in Lygon, lots of note pad from Commonwealth bank, and like two environmental friendly bag and aiya, cannot remember. So yes, it's not that bad after all, anyway.
Our first Organizational Behavior tute was havoc I tell ya. She just kept flooding our brains with heaps and heaps of information about assessments and what not, Alfred and I just kept looking at each other. Like seriously information overload. Sounds quite brain twisting. First assessment due in Week 2 or 3. Stressful man. And a lot of stuff like lectures notes and assessment details are online, I'd prefer if they let us know in tute using their mouths rather me reading it
all online. Just too much.
Anyway okay bye.
0 speakout(s):
comments, thank you.