Sunday, January 07, 2007
4:57 PM
KL's been too good and entertaining for me to even blog. I have to say with me being back for only just four days, I've met a great number of people. You guys, it's been so much fun.
As usual, we visited Cempaka. It's like a tradition man. Planned lunch there too but twas too late and speaking from experience, the food's all gone after only the first break. So yeah, too late for us to have lunch there. Speaking of food, my first meal back home was without a doubt, ze Pan Meen @ Bangsar. Greg&Yits, you just gotta agree that it was yours too. Effing awesome bowl of noodles. It's almost like a drug. Just one day after that, I went again with mum. I'm sorry but it's
that yummy-fying. Then lunch with Bryan, Jason&Fei, Di, Alfred, Yits and Jim the following day @ hahahaha, none other than Chillis! =D Aww man, yumm again. They had some new stuff on their menu. I had lamb, twas alright. Still waiting to go back for Chicken Crispers and all that normal stuff I usually order. Man, the mash potato was, as usual, to
die for. I like. =)
Hohhh shit, my grandma. My grandma! She's really old..like occasionally cannot recall our names. And so the last time she saw me was about 6 months ago, so yeah, I thought confirm case cannot remember me. Holy shitttt, when I went to visit her, she not only remembered my name but also "Wahhh, Yi Von ahh. Fat already ohhh" Foookerism man. Hahaha but she's so cute la. Her hair's like snow and yeah, Karbs calls her my disco grandma. =P
Sorry my memory card's still being read, pretty damn slow cos I have some thousand over photos in that 1GB card. Otherwise I'd upload some pics, but yes, another time then. We Aussie dudes&dudettes successfully managed to go for fine dining, well, semi fine dining. Pics soon la, chill.
I
am enjoying my time back here now, just seeing all my relatives and spending time, well trying to at least, at home BUT I think it's only a matter of time before I get all annoyed and cranky and wanna-go-back-to-Melb sort of thing. See, I can't spend too much time with the mummy and the daddy. After a while, they take your presence for granted so yes, being away is undoubtedly a very very very good thing. Your absence gives them time to miss you so when you come back during your next break, they'll appreciate you more hahahahah. Eh, it's true. Very unlikely I'll be back for my winter break this year cos I'll be coming back year end for cousin's wedding. And anyway, really it's quite stupid to be flying back so many times a year when there are so many other new&can-be-exciting&fun&economical things that can be done there in the land Down Under. Greg, screw your sick thoughts. My true meaning is that, Australia's really huge. Plenty of undiscovered places to visit and it'd be cheaper for us to visit places in and around Australia since we're already there, as compared to when we're visiting from Malaysia. Agree? Like last year, we got our bottoms to Gold Coast. Yeah lots of planning yada yada but it was good fun and great times. You get home sick once in a while, I agree, but stuff that. Home will always be there. Malaysia will always be here. I don't know la, I complain and rant a lot about wanting to go home when I'm there but I still think it's good life there in Melbourne. So yes, conclusion is, just maybe, coming home once a year (end) is sufficient for me. But don't quote me if in my future entries, you see "I wanna go home so badly" cos it's just the Pan Meen drug kicking in.
Two thousand and six was rollercoaster year. Enjoyable nonetheless. Being abroad is good stuff. Just hate hate hate those plane rides. Omigosh, hate it hate it. Twas a year of mixed emotions and plenty, I think la, lessons learnt. Of course, it was hard maintaining friendships and all with people back here in KL, but it's part and parcel of life. People leave. Just deal with it. Karbs & I had well, little tiny minute issues that were resolved. It's hard really. As much as we'd like to keep in touch, circumstances prevailed most times. Buts all good now, no? Same goes to a lot of other people. It's hard to keep in touch with so many people at the same time. It's been proven women are better at multitasking but ahh, this one's tough.
Trinity was just so so. People met were and still are great humans. Life in Melb, two thumbs up.
2006; a year to remember.
2007; a year to look forward to.
0 speakout(s):
comments, thank you.