Wednesday, August 29, 2007
3:34 PM
Skipped both Logistics lec and tute. Can't be stuffed to go for lec. Supposed to do tute work during lec so I could hand it in when I go for my tute, but looks like I'm skipping tute too. :)
I have to say the slight home sickness in the air is rubbing off me as well. And the emoness on everyone's blog is..not quite helping. Viv you're gonna be accountable if I happen to fall into that "reflective" mood of yours too okay? I haven't had that in a while. I always think that I should make the most out of life since I'm still young, travel places, attempt the impossible, move out of the ordinary etc. Melbourne is becoming too Asian-like. I reckon it's no different from living in Malaysia, except transportation is waaaaay better and you pay RM 21 for a simple nasi lemak. Before I decided on International Business, I was pretty confident and stuff that it's exactly what I've always wanted to do. And what I've been told I'm more inclined towards anyway. But now that I'm studying for the above mentioned degree, I'm beginning to think if I can even succeed in selling chao kuey teow. The business world is so complex out there. Not as easy as I once thought of it to be. But when I think of other alternative degrees, I just can't see myself doing it. Like Science? Psych? Arts? Media? Law? Medicine? Engineering? It's a bore. No offence to anyone majoring in any other areas besides Commerce, but come to think of it, at the end of the day, whatever the field you graduated in, you still need the fundamentals of business, right? I know you might go "oh but I can learn how to do business when I start up my own company, etc". Well yeah, agree. But might as well start specializing in uni. At the end of the day, the people who bring the big bucks home are corporate individuals, in suits and ties. I dunno, different people, different perceptions I guess. I may not have chosen the wrong field after all. Fingers crossed. Maybe it's just the insolent reaction and tone I get when I say "RMIT".
The fine line between comparing and hypocrisy.
On another note, I don't know if you feel I haven't been putting in that amount of effort to keep in touch. But I kinda feel the same coming from the opposite direction.
Labels: Thoughts
0 speakout(s):
comments, thank you.